Friday, December 12, 2014

Woman Shoplifts And You Won't Believe What The Officer Called On Scene Did

A woman in Tarrant City, Alabama had just been caught stealing eggs from a supermarket, but she didn't end up walking away with a ticket.

"I was dispatched to Dollar General who said they had a shoplifter," Officer Stacy, 23, told local media. "When I arrived on the scene I confronted her. She said her sorry and was honest about what she did."

Rather than making the woman pay for the alleged crime, Officer Stacy had her wait outside in the parking lot.

While she went outside, Officer Stacy purchased a dozen eggs for her to take home to the kids.

"I can't tell you how many times she said thank you," Officer Stacy said. "She even started crying and asked me for a hug. She tried to pay me for the eggs with the little bit of money that she did have, but I wouldn't take it. I told her the best way for her to repay me was for her to never shoplift again."

A fellow shopper caught it all on tape. Since the video has been online, it's gotten over 500,000 hits. The Tarrant Police Department has also been flooded with calls from strangers who want to help the woman and others who are less fortunate.



"I can't believe that such a small simple gesture got this big," he said. "If it was the same circumstance, I wouldn't turn away somebody who was trying to help their kids in a time of need."

No comments:

Post a Comment