Monday, December 1, 2014

No Severance Package For Ferguson Missouri Officer Wilson Per Mayor

In a breaking announcement, Ferguson Mayor James Knowles publicly stated that there will be no severance package of any kind for former veteran police officer Darren
Mayor James Knowles
Wilson.

Wilson resigned his commission as police officer earlier this week after being “no billed” by the grand jury. His official resignation letter is below.
 “I, Darren Wilson, hereby resign my commission as a police officer with the City of Ferguson effective immediately. I have been told that my continued employment may put the residents and police officers of the City of Ferguson at risk, which is a circumstance that I cannot allow. For obvious reasons, I wanted to wait until the grand jury made their decision before I officially made my decision to resign. It was my hope to continue in police work, but the safety of other police officers and the community are of paramount importance to me. It is my hope that my resignation will allow the community to heal. I would like to thank all of my supporters and fellow officers throughout this process.” 
Wilson’s resignation letter seems to have provided little or no relief to the current unrest in Ferguson, as there’s obviously still much more liquor and cell phones still available to steal.

It was after this resignation that Ferguson Mayor James Knowles acted. It’s unclear what a standard Ferguson police officers severance package might be, but since the Ferguson Mayor made it a point to state this publicly, logic would suggest that Wilson would normally be entitled to something.

To date, “I Support Darren Wilson” campaigns have raised over 1 million dollars for the legal fees associated with his upcoming civil suits.


Those fund raising campaigns were initiated through GoFundMe.com by an anonymous user who is allegedly a teenage girl. Those pages have since been removed from their website though, pending any possible “associated legalities.”

No comments:

Post a Comment